Book an Appointment with a Local Area Coordinator (LAC)
2020 Employment, Life Skills and Leisure Expo
Uniting is a partner of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), delivering the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in your local community. Uniting delivers local area coordination (LAC) services in NSW across these districts:
- Illawarra Shoalhaven (Wollongong, Nowra and Shellharbour).
- Nepean Blue Mountains (Penrith, Leura, Lithgow and Windsor).
- Northern Sydney (Pymble and Brookvale).
- Southern NSW (Goulburn, Batemans Bay, Cooma, Queanbeyan, Merimbula and Yass)
- Western Sydney (Parramatta, Baulkham Hills and Blacktown).
- Hunter New England (Newcastle, Armidale, Cessnock, Charlestown, Inverell, Maitland,
- Raymond Terrace, Singleton, Tamworth and Taree).
Uniting LAC supports people between ages 6-65. To explore employment options, goals and supports that are available to you including SLES & DES, please connect with your local area coordination office for a personalised meeting by contacting us on email@example.com .
LAC’s can help you to –
- Understand and access the NDIS.
- Learn about support available in your local community.
- Create a plan – If you are eligible for an NDIS support plan, your LAC will speak with you about your current situation, supports and goals to help develop your plan.
- Implement your plan – Your LAC will help you to find and start accessing the services to use your NDIS plan. They can also provide assistance throughout your plan if you have any questions.
- Review your plan – Your LAC will work with you to review your NDIS plan and start a new plan through a plan review. This generally occurs 12 months after your plan is implemented.
- Understand how the NDIS works with other government services – including education, health and transport services.
- Sustain informal supports around you – including family, friends and local community members.
To help us provide the correct information, please include:
- Your Name
- Your preferred contact details (phone number or email address)
- The suburb you live in
- Whether you are an existing NDIS participant
- A short description of how we can help you (eg request call back or email; pose a question; or ask to book an appointment to help access the NDIS, ask about a current plan or get help with an issue)