Book an Appointment with a Local Area Coordinator (LAC)
2020 Employment, Life Skills and Leisure Expo
Settlement Services International
SSI is partnered with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to deliver Local Area Coordination Services in NSW. As a Local Area Coordinator (LAC), SSI supports people aged 7 and over to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and other mainstream services in the community. We deliver services in two areas of NSW – Sydney AND South West Sydney covering twelve local government areas.
South Western Sydney – Bankstown, Camden, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Wingecarribee , Wollondilly
Sydney – Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Canterbury, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Strathfield
LAC’s can help you to
- Understand and access the NDIS.
- Learn about support available in your local community.
- Create a plan – If you are eligible for an NDIS support plan, your LAC will speak with you about your current situation, supports and goals to help develop your plan.
- Implement your plan – Your LAC will help you to find and start accessing the services to use your NDIS plan. They can also provide assistance throughout your plan if you have any questions.
- Review your plan – Your LAC will work with you to review your NDIS plan and start a new plan through a plan review. This generally occurs 12 months after your plan is implemented.
- Understand how the NDIS works with other government services – including education, health and transport services.
- Connect with local support networks in your community.
If you have a question, would like to receive a call back or book an appointment (via phone or zoom) with an LAC, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To help us provide the correct information, please include:
- Your Name
- Your preferred contact details (phone number or email address)
- The suburb you live in
- Whether you are an existing NDIS participant
- A short description of how we can help you (eg request call back or email; pose a question; or ask to book an appointment to help access the NDIS, ask about a current plan or get help with an issue)