Website Pageviews 
counter free

Accessibility Tools

About Exhibitor Categories

2020 Online Employment,
Life Skills and Leisure Expo

Education and Training

Apprenticeships and Traineeships

Apprenticeships, or Traineeships, are learning pathways that combine paid on-the-job training and formal study with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by government. They’re a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification.
If you are not sure if you want to commit to a full Apprenticeship or Traineeship, you can undertake an introductory unit called a pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship.
You might be able to start an Apprenticeship or Traineeship at school. The NSW School Based Apprenticeship and Traineeship (SBAT) program offers employers support to take on and train a senior high school student. The program is designed to help students who are keen to join the workforce, but who still want to complete their senior schooling. Talk to your Careers Advisor.
A Disability Employment Service (DES) might be able to help you find an Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
In NSW employers of apprentices and trainees with a disability may be entitled to the Commonwealth Disabled Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy (DAAWS).
For more information check out the resources section.


RTO stands for Registered Training Organisation.  TAFE is the biggest not-for-profit RTO but there are smaller private or not-for-profit companies that are registered to offer training. RTOs provide training and qualifications that are nationally recognised.

The national register,, maintains a complete list of RTOs.

Students with a disability are entitled to Reasonable Adjustments designed to enable learners with disability to participate in education and training on the same basis as learners without disability but must have the capacity to demonstrate they can meet the outcomes and requirements of the course.

Students with a disability may be entitled to a fee exemption- ask.

For more information check out the resources section.


A university is an institution of higher (or tertiary) education and research, which awards academic degrees in various academic disciplines. Universities typically provide undergraduate education and postgraduate education.

Universities can provide services and assessment adjustments for people with disability.

The National Disability Coordination Officer (NDCO) Program works strategically to assist people with disability access and participate in tertiary education and subsequent employment, through a national network of regionally based NDCOs.

For more information check out the resources section.


When investigating driving schools, make sure the driving school can meet your needs and provide the supports you require.  Generally, the NDIS does not fund driving lessons unless it can be established that additional reasonable and necessary supports are required.

In New South Wales, a person is required by law to declare any medical condition that may impact on their driving ability. The person may be required to undertake an Occupational Therapy (OT) Driving Assessment to determine the effect, if any, that their condition or disability has on their driving performance.

Search Exhibitors

Disclaimer: Please note LGA’s (locations) relate to where exhibitors have an outlet. Not necessarily every service type (sub-category) is delivered at every outlet. Please check with individual exhibitors for confirmation of service type in your LGA/location.

Skip to content